Cosmetic dental treatment doesn't mean a messy ordeal. With direct restorations, you're able to gain gorgeous teeth in just one, simple visit. There will be no need to deal with temporaries, repeat visits, or waiting for your restorations to return from the dental lab. Direct restorations are formed, shaped, and hardened chairside by Dr. Lee. By the time you leave our office, your new smile will be in place.
Dental bonding allows us to add material to teeth that need some extra aesthetic help. Bonding makes it possible to:
- Close gaps
- Lengthen teeth
- Whiten teeth (permanently!)
- Reduce sensitivity
- Cover roots exposed by gum recession
- Make a smile more symmetrical
- Repair cracked or chipped teeth
Dental Composite and Dental Aesthetics
One of the most exciting advances in dentistry lies in the different types of materials now available. While patients once had to get their cavities filled with highly noticeable pieces of metal, modern fillings are made of dental composite. This tooth-colored material becomes a part of the smile both functionally and visually. You won’t be forced to remember your dental work every time you catch a glimpse of the treated tooth. Rather, you’ll forget the area holds any dental work.
We strive to create smiles that look and feel natural. Bonding helps us accomplish this within a single appointment.
How Dental Bonding Works
- Dr. Lee will examine the area and discuss the ways you’d like to change the tooth/teeth in question.
- Should the tooth be decayed, we’ll first remove the cavity and ensure the area is clean.
- If the tooth requires preparation, we’ll remove a small portion of the enamel so that the bonding will fit and adhere properly.
- Dr. Lee will select the right shade of composite to make the bonding blend with your smile.
- After shaping the bonding, it will be bonded to your tooth with dental adhesive.
- A curing light will harden the bonding and leave your dental work ready for action!
If you're interested in making minor changes to your teeth without serious commitment, ask us about dental bonding.
Ready to book your dental appointment?
In our new, modern office we are proud to serve you!